Hinterland Films – Privacy & Cookie Notice
Who are we?
We are Hinterland Films Limited registered under company number 557870 with an address at 64 Mount Street Lower, Dublin D02 TH77
We are a production company based in Dublin, Ireland. We produce award winning commercials, digital content, 360 video, animation and short films.
In addition to this we provide full production services to any company that wants to shoot in Ireland.
This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or from others, will be processed by us. Please
read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 – 2018 (as amended) and the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) (the Acts):
- the data controller is Hinterland Films Limited (‘Hinterland’), where it is acting as a supplier of services, an employer and where dealing with suppliers.
Our data protection contact may be contacted
By writing to: HINTERLAND FILMS, 64 Mount Street Lower, Dublin D02 TH77
What PERSONAL information do we collect from you?
You may give us personal data by:
- Corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. We ask you to disclose only as much information as is necessary to provide you with services or to submit a question/suggestion/comment in relation to our website or our services. Registering your personal details for a casting via a casting form, email or online submission where you wish to be considered for a production. The type of information collected includes your name; age; postal address; e-mail address; phone number; photos and video of you and any other details as might be requested from you for the purpose of our work such as your wardrobe sizes.
- Sensitive personal data (known as ‘Special Category Personal Data’) is not generally sought. However, from time to time, Special Category Personal Data such as health related information, sexuality and criminal convictions may be collected where it is relevant to a particular project which you are involved in e.g. an alcohol ad.
- Registering your property details as a potential location for a production. The type of information collected includes your name, age, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, photos and video of your property
- Registering yourself to participate as a cast member or extra for a production. The type of information collected includes your name, age, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, availability, experience, qualifications, skills, appearances in other productions, identification, clothing sizes, photos and videos.
- Visiting our website.
- Applying to work with us. The type of information you may provide in your CV, a cover letter, your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. CVs should include information relevant to your employment history and education (degrees obtained, places worked, positions held, relevant awards, and so forth). We ask that you do not disclose sensitive personal information (e.g. gender, height, weight, medical information, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, financial data) in your application.
- Supplying us with products or services. Suppliers provide us with information which may include a contact name; role; email address; business address; telephone number and billing/payment details
WHAT SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA (OR SPECIAL CATEGORY DATA) MAY WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information:
- Information about criminal convictions and offences as part of our vetting process.
What information about you do we obtain from others?
When you use our services, we may obtain the following categories of your personal data from others:
- Contact details
- PPS numbers
Where did we get this information?
We obtain this information from the following sources:
- Your LinkedIn profile (which is publicly available);
- Your social media profile (which is publicly available);
- Casting directors, actors’ agents, extras agencies and casting studios
- Location Managers
- Heads of Departments
- Advertising Agencies and clients
Why do we collect this information?
We collect information in order to provide you with our services, to carry out our services, to market our services and to improve our website. We will use this information:
Our Clients/Contractors :
- To set you up as a client on our systems;
- To liaise with you about services that we are providing to you or projects that we are undertaking with you;
- To complete production and to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and others;
- To research stories, cast & locations for production;
- To market our services to existing and new clients using various platforms, such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail, online, push notification or otherwise subject to any preferences you have expressed;
- To ensure payment of our invoices;
- To pay you;
- As part of our own due diligence to comply with our public liability and indemnity insurance;
- To deliver information about our services, where you have subscribed to receive same;
- To administer and improve our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about services that may interest you or them;
The legal bases for the processing of your data are:
- That you have provided consent for the processing for one of more specified purposes such as marketing for example when you subscribe to receive news from us;
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract which you have entered into with us or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- Processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests which we pursue prior to contract (for example in in providing you with quotes and proposals about our services) and post-contract (for further details, see the section entitled ‘Who Do We Share This Information With?’) where such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms which require the protection of your information.
The legal basis for the processing of your Special Category Personal Data, for example, health related information (where such information is collected for the purpose of a particular project), is that you have provided explicit consent to our processing of this information. Except where we use your personal data for marketing purposes on the basis of your prior written consent and subject to any opt out preferences you notify to us in respect of electronic direct marketing communications, we process personal data for marketing purposes as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in promoting our services.
Who Do we share this information with?
We may share your personal data with certain third parties in the course of our business activities including, for example, our clients, co-producers, advertising agencies, crew members and cast, professional advisors, selected suppliers and business partners. These business partners may include our web hosting provider and our IT service providers. For each production, before shooting we send out a ‘call sheet’ to everyone working on that job which contains the details of all crew, cast, clients and suppliers involved including name; role; email address, address and phone number.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our clients will be one of the transferred assets;
We attach at Schedule 1 details of the entities with whom your personal data is shared
How long do we keep hold of your information?
The time periods for which we retain your information depends on the type of information and the purposes for which we use it. We will keep your information for no longer than is required or permitted. Generally, we retain certain information for the purposes of any post-transmission evaluations, complaints-handling and legal claims.
Where you explicitly indicate on any application form for a production that we may retain your information for consideration of your possible contribution to future productions, other than the production in respect of which you originally provided the data, we will do so subject always to your entitlement at any time to ask us to erase the data.
For further information on the periods for which your personal data is kept, please see below;
Contracts – in perpetuity
Footage – in perpetuity
Casting videos and headsheets – 12 months
Confirmed cast auditions and forms – in perpetuity
Location photos and videos – in perpetuity
Confirmed location photos and videos – in perpetuity
Extras – 12 months
Invoices – in perpetuity
Do We transfer your information Outside The European Union or European Economic Area?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, the United States and other locations worldwide which are outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and for which there is not an adequacy decision relating to the safeguards for personal data from the European Commission.
Further details regarding such transfers of your personal data and the appropriate safeguards which have been put in place to protect your information are set out below. You may obtain a copy of those safeguards as follows.
Dropbox may store, process, and transmit information in the United States and locations around the world—including those outside Ireland.
Google / Gmail
Apple / iCloud
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
You have the following rights:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data about you without undue delay.
- The right to have us erase any personal data we hold about you in circumstances such as where it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal data or, in some circumstances, if you have withdrawn your consent to the processing.
- The right to object to us processing personal data about you such as processing for profiling or direct marketing.
- The right to ask us to provide your personal data to you in a portable format or, where technically feasible, for us to port that personal data to another provider provided it does not result in a disclosure of personal data relating to other people.
- The right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data.
Where our processing of your personal data is based on your consent to that processing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time but any processing that we have carried out before you withdrew your consent remains lawful.
Please note that we require certain information in order to enter into a contract with you. In those circumstances, failure to provide this information when requested may result in us being unable to enter into a contract with you.
You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting Lorraine Geoghegan at Hinterland Film, 64 Mount Street Lower, D02 Th77. You may also lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority with respect to our processing of your personal data. The local Supervisory Authority in Ireland is the Data Protection Commission. The website is www.dataprotection.ie.
What will happen if we change our privacy notice?
This notice may change from time to time, and any changes will be posted on our website and will be effective when posted. Please review this notice each time you use our website or our services. This notice was last updated Oct 2019.
Links to other websites
We are not responsible for the contents or functioning of any websites to which our website is linked. You visit and use the facilities provided by other websites at your own risk and we would encourage you to read their privacy statements. This Privacy Notice applies only to processing by Hinterland Films Ltd.
How can you contact us?
Our Data Protection Contact can be contacted:
By phone: +3531 6789830
By writing to: Hinterland FIlms, 64 Mount Street Lower, Dublin, D02 TH77
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have set out below the names/categories of third parties with whom we share your data.
|Description of services provided
||Third party name/category
||Ad agencies, clients, crew, post production, suppliers, pay roll service providers; accountants
|[Cloud Service Providers]
||Dropbox, WeTransfer, Vimeo, iCloud, Blacknight
|[IT Service Providers]
|[Email Service Providers]
|[Internal customer database]
||Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
|The Revenue Commissioners; NERA and other government bodies
||Legal obligation to share certain information.
Cookies are small text files that a website can write to your computer. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The following is a summary of the types of cookies that are being used on this site, along with information on how you can block them.
||Cookie File Names
||Active on this site
|Essential Site Cookies
||Site cookies are essential to the operation of this website. They are usually set when you first visit the site and deleted when you close your browser. If blocked, this site will not operate correctly
|CMS (Content Management System)
||Cookies are set by our CMS/Blog system when you first visit this site. These cookies are not used by Hinterland Films. These cookies are usually deleted when a user closes their browser
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. The information is used to compile reports that let us improve the site. The information is collected in any anonymous form, including the number of visits to this site, how you arrived at the site, and which pages you visted.
||You can opt-out of these cookies by following this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
|Site Cookie Acceptance